I am proud to present for sale a 1981 Volkswagen
MK1 Scirocco S. VIN #: WVWCA0532BK[hidden information]. Clean title. No
I have owned and enjoyed this car since 1994 and
have come to the point in my life where it is time to pass the torch. Here are the details about the car and
sale. The pictures show the car well.
have a large binder of receipts and documentation going back to 1994 when I
first purchased the car.
2. Car starts and drives well. There is a slight hesitation on occasion when
accelerating. Idle is not smooth.
3. Uses no oil and no leaks or drips.
4. Timing belt changed last summer 2018.
5. Minimal to no modifications.
6. I have the original style Zender front
spoiler but it currently is not mounted.
7. I have the original 13 inch wheels which will be
included with the sale.
8. I have a box of extra parts such as
electrical, trim, small parts.
9. New windshield and seal installed in 2018
bad and some issues with the car.
10. The car was repainted several years ago by a
professional shop. It looks good but is
starting to show signs of aging.
11. Due to a hail storm there is slight evidence
of small dents. I removed some with
PDR. You have to look really close to
12. Rear hatch around the window is rusted.
13. Most of the car is generally rust free and
those common areas that had rust were cut out and replaced with stainless
steel. This just needs to be finished.
14. AC not working and some climate control
flaps not working. Heat is OK.
15. The odometer was not working at the time
when I bought it in 1994 but it has been fixed and currently reads 32,000 miles. Mileage is not original. If I had to take a
guess it probably is around 150K.
16. The original 1.7L engine block was replaced
many years ago with a 1.8L Jetta GLI engine.
I have the receipt for that but need to dig it out.
17. Due to fuse box issues with these MK1
models, some of the electrical components have been by passed and fused
separately. This was good and done right
and now everything works as it should.
is being sold with a parts car. I
recommend you take the parts car as well since many parts are no longer
available even in Germany. The parts car has a good hatch. Parts car will need to be towed since
there is no engine.
are probably some other things about the car I forgot but if you have any
questions please feel free to ask.
to health, personal reasons, and financial I have decided it is time to focus
on other things in life which is the reason I am putting this up for sale.
costs and pick-up are the responsibility of the buyer.
REFUNDS, EXCHANGES, or WARRANTIES. The
buyer purchases the car in “AS IS CONDITION.”
is for sale locally so I reserve the right to end the auction early.