“Produced on 02/01/1968 in Munich West Germany and almost impossible to find, this very early production BMW 2002 is #951 out of the 339,084 BMW 2002’s produced off the line and 1 of only 4,489 of the first production year 1968 BMW 2002’s produced! The correct Polaris Silver (code 057) exterior is in very good order. The wraparound pinch bumpers and trim peieces are in great condition. Only the early 1968 2002’s had the front and rear slotted black trim pieces and are very hard to obtain. The glass and lights on the car are all in good, original order including the red center roundie taillights. The bodywork is straight and solid while the engine bay is very tidy. The undercarriage is very solid along with the pedal box and shock mount towers.”
• Almost impossible to find, very early production BMW 2002 #951 out of 339,084 off the line! • 1 of only 4,489 of the first production year 1968 BMW 2002’s produced • Produced on 02/01/1968 in Munich West Germany • 2.0L M10 four-cylinder engine with correct Solex 40 PDSI carburetor • Previously owned and serviced by BMW specialist Reggie’s Motorworks Inc. • Four-speed manual transmission • Factory correct Polaris Silver (code 057) exterior • Optional Frigiking Air-conditioning and Blaupunk AM/FM radio • Chromed bumpers and correct early production slotted front and rear trim • Correct black interior with all the hard to find early production 2002 details • No headrest front seats with original “spaghetti” seat belts (only early production) • Nice set of “Silver Dollar” gauges with optional tachometer • Early and correct three-piece dash is in great condition! • Correct 13-inch wheels and hubcaps • New Tii exhaust system and upgraded 123ignition hightech ignition system • Please note that this BMW is a 1968 but titled as a 1969 • Very solid undercarriage, please see photos • Documentation includes owners handbook (1968), conjunction US guide (1968), service station book (1967) and a copy of May 1968 BMW 2002 Road & Track article
BMW Roundie fans, rejoice! MotoeXotica Classic Cars is pleased to offer one of the first BMW 2002’s every to be produced in Munich West Germany and is finished in sought after factory correct Polaris Silver exterior! We are very excited to offer this particular BMW 2002 for sale on the market! We have sold over 20 BMW 2002’s in the past couple of years but this one is extremely special because it’s by far the earliest production example (#951) that we have ever had in our showroom. We acquired this BMW from the fine folks and BMW specialist Reggie’s Motorworks Inc. in Noblesville Indiana. They personally displayed this car at the 2018 BMW “The Vintage” in Hot Springs North Carolina. Produced on 02/01/1968 in Munich West Germany and almost impossible to find, this very early production BMW 2002 is #951 out of the 339,084 BMW 2002’s produced off the line and 1 of only 4,489 of the first production year 1968 BMW 2002’s produced! We have found that a lot of the early BMW 2002’s that have been restored have been redone with incorrect later production 2002 parts (1[hidden information]) because those parts a much more plentiful. This example still retains all its early production details such as front and rear slotted trim, red center taillights, early headlight buckets, silver dollar gauges, correct 3 piece dash, chrome interior door handles and rear chrome window latches, correct no headrest front seats with chrome side covers, correct early production seat vinyl material, “spaghetti” seat belts, correct door cards, correct headliner, correct Blaupunk AM/FM radio, early air-conditioning console, spare tire and jack and much more! The correct Polaris Silver (code 057) exterior is in very good order. The wraparound pinch bumpers and trim peieces are in great condition. Only the early 1968 2002’s had the front and rear slotted black trim pieces and are very hard to obtain. The glass and lights on the car are all in good, original order including the red center roundie taillights. The bodywork is straight and solid while the engine bay is very tidy. The undercarriage is very solid along with the pedal box and shock mount towers. The car has 13-inch BMW steel wheels with factory wheel covers that show minimal wear or curb contact and the car rides on Vredestein classic tires. In the trunk is the correct spare and jack. In that engine bay is the engine that revolutionized the sport sedan market in the United States more than 50 years ago – the BMW M10 2.0L four-cylinder producing 100HP in a car that only weighs 2210 pounds. This example has been upgraded with a new Tii exhaust system and a upgraded electronic 123ignition hightech ignition system. The current engine block and head is from a 1971 BMW 2002 but the car still retains its original short nose four-speed transmission and rear differential. This 2002 is equipped with the optional Frigiking Air-Conditioning and has been recently serviced with a new compressor and the blower motor functions and blows cold! The separate blower motor for the heater also functions correctly. Inside, the correct black interior appears exactly like factory specifications. The black front buckets and rear bench are in great, overall condition, as is the corresponding black carpet, the white headliner, the inner door panels and the “Silver Dollar” instrument panel. The original three piece dash is in great condition with no cracks but does have a couple small mounting holes from a previous owner. In the optional Frigiking air-conditioned console is the optional Blaupunkt AM/FM stereo that really looks handsome in the BMW’s interior. Toping off the interior is a set of coco floor mats and correct gear shifter and steering wheel. Documentation includes 1600 owners handbook (1968), 2002 conjunction US guide (1968 - only very early cars received the 1600 book with the 2002 conjunction guide), service station book (1967) and a copy of May 1968 BMW 2002 Road & Track article. The BMW 2002 made its debut in 1968; a base model with a single carburetor developing just 100 horsepower, which was no real improvement over what the Datsun 510 delivered. In 1969, an automatic model was introduced with the base single carburetor engine mated to a ZF 3HP12 three-speed automatic transmission. This was, of course, not intended to be a sporting car but a fashionable and easy-to-drive coupé. The BMW 2002 was one of the cars that not only saved BMW’s bacon, it became a car that played a large part in re-defining who BMW were. The BMW 2002 introduced a well-developed sports coupé which was much more practical than similar competitors.Competition to this BMW in 1972 included Audi’s 90, Mercedes-Benz’s 280S and MG’s MGB GT. The 2002 was made with German engineering and quality control that gave it a significant edge over its competitors: the BMW’s earned themselves a reputation for being reliable and near bulletproof (perhaps that’s a reason the Baader-Meinhoff Gang liked them). Even nowadays, the cars being decades old, the electrical systems are typically still functioning OK: something that could not be said for the BMW 2002’s British and Italian competitors. One of the great selling points of the BMW 2002 nowadays is that parts are still available, making the restoration and maintenance of one of these little gems much easier than for many other cars of this vintage. MotoeXotica Classic Cars invites you by to check out this 2002 today, before someone else takes it home. VIN: [hidden information]EN: [hidden information] This car is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri. Current mileage on the odometer shows 38,499 miles. It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, mileage exempt Indiana title. Please note that this BMW is a 1968 but titled as a 1969. We have found this to be common with this model. This is the 3rd early production 1960’s USDM BMW that we have had that the title was a year later such as our early 1971 Bavarian was titled as 1972 and we have another 1968 2002 that is titled as a 1969. GET OUT AND DRIVE!!! Note: Please see full terms and conditions listed below that pertain to the purchase of any said vehicle, thank you.
Directions to Dealer
Options and Standard Features
• Almost Impossible To Find, Very Early Production BMW 2002 #951 Out Of 339,084 Off The Line!
• 1 Of Only 4,489 Of The First Production Year 1968 BMW 2002’S Produced
• Optional Frigiking Air-Conditioning And Blaupunk AM/FM Radio
• Chromed Bumpers And Correct Early Production Slotted Front And Rear Trim
• Correct Black Interior With All The Hard To Find Early Production 2002 Details
• No Headrest Front Seats With Original “Spaghetti” Seat Belts (Only Early Production)
• Nice Set Of “Silver Dollar” Gauges With Optional Tachometer
• Early And Correct Three-Piece Dash Is In Great Condition!
• Correct 13-Inch Wheels And Hubcaps
• New Tii Exhaust System And Upgraded 123Ignition Hightech Ignition System
• Please Note That This BMW Is A 1968 But Titled As A 1969
• Very Solid Undercarriage, Please See Photos
• Documentation Includes Owners Handbook (1968), Conjunction US Guide (1968), Service Station Book (1967) And A Copy Of May 1968 BMW 2002 Road & Track Article
Stock Number: [hidden information]
VIN Number: [hidden information]
Model Year: 1968
Interior Color: Black
Vehicle Type: Coupe
Fuel Type: Gasoline
Engine Description: 2.0L M10 Inline 4
Drive Train Type: RWD
Transmission: Four-Speed Manual
Secure Credit Application
Applying for a vehicle loan online is one of the quickest and easiest application methods. Our secure application is easy to complete, all you need are a few personal and employment details.
Check out similar vehicles in our inventory.
2340 Cassens Drive
Fenton Missouri 63026
Ask for:MotoeXotica Classic Cars
Primary Phone:[hidden information]
Mon-Fri:09:00 AM-05:00 PM CST
Saturday:10:00 AM-02:00 PM CST
All of the vehicles we list on eBay are for sale locally. We reserve the right to end an auction early. All cars are immediately ready for delivery upon sale.
Prices subject to change without notice and do not include Title, License, Registration Fees, State or Local Taxes or Processing Fees, if any. Please contact seller first for vehicle availability. Although every effort is made to present accurate and reliable information, use of this information is voluntary, and should only be deemed reliable after an independent review of its accuracy, completeness, and timeliness. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify the existence of options, accessories and the vehicle condition before time of sale. Any and all differences must be addressed prior to time of sale. No expressed or implied warranties, including the availability or condition of the equipment listed is made. EPA mileage estimates for comparison purposes only. Actual mileage may vary depending on driving conditions, driving habits, and vehicle maintenance.
Selling a Vehicle? Create Professional Listings Fast and Easy. Click Here!
• Almost impossible to find, very early production BMW 2002 #951 out of 339,084 off the line!
• 1 of only 4,489 of the first production year 1968 BMW 2002’s produced
• Produced on 02/01/1968 in Munich West Germany
• 2.0L M10 four-cylinder engine with correct Solex 40 PDSI carburetor
• Previously owned and serviced by BMW specialist Reggie’s Motorworks Inc.
• Four-speed manual transmission
• Factory correct Polaris Silver (code 057) exterior
• Optional Frigiking Air-conditioning and Blaupunk AM/FM radio
• Chromed bumpers and correct ea
We and our partners use technology such as cookies on our site to personalise content and ads, provide social media features, and analyse our traffic. Click below to consent to the use of this technology across the web. You can change your mind and change your consent choices at anytime by returning to this site.
You can set your consent preferences and determine how you want your data to be used based on the purposes below. You may set your preferences for us independently from those of third-party partners. Each purpose has a description so that you know how we and partners use your data.